6.02.2005

New Favorite Website

I have found a new favorite website. Because of my conservative ideals, I have often been considered an oddball with fellow classmates and/or colleagues. You should have seen my thesis professor's face when I told him I was voting for Bush. You think I had just told him I had just run over his dog. (BTW, for those that don't know me, my undergraduate and graduate degrees are in environmental and occupational health) I have shot back at all my critics saying that I am a common sense environmentalist. ABetterEarth.org is a website that offers a view of conservation without all the wacko ideas that are so often associated with modem day environmentalism.
The following idea may shock some of you, but here it goes "wealthier nations and peoples improve environmental quality rather than degrade it." This article explains this concept and gives some really good points on how to improve the environment in poorer countries by helping them become wealthier (and it's not just giving them aid checks).

No comments: