12.27.2004

Homeless?

Well here I am at work again (just taking a break), back in Texas from my holiday in Georgia. On the plane ride back I started to think about where my home is. It's confusing to say that I'm going 'home' for the holidays and then say to everyone back 'home' that I'm returning 'home' soon. Can I say home #1 and home #2?
They say that home is where the heart is. Well my heart is split. My family and friends are in GA while my work and new friends (not to mention all my stuff) are here in TX. I have a dilemma. The Lord wants me here (the reasons are still being examined) so this is where I am. It's foolish of me to live and anticipate exclusively for my next visit home. That can lead to a sad and lonely stretch of months with only a couple of days to be enjoyed. Is it worth it?
I say I can keep part of my heart, and subsequent home, in GA and learn to love TX (or wherever I may go) and start another home here.

No comments: